Notice no. 02/2016
METSIMAHOLO LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT AN ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY, 27 JANUARY 2016 AT 14:00, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS, SECOND FLOOR, STAND 10 FICHARDT STREET, CIVIC CENTRE, SASOLBURG.
S M MOLALA
Metsimaholo Local Municipality celebrated the closing of 16 Days of Activism Against Women and Children Abuse which was held at the Harry Gwala Multi Purpose Community Centre at Zamdela in Sasolburg yesterday. The event was graced by the Executive Mayor of Metsimaholo, Cllr. Brutus Mahlaku and the Council Whip, Cllr. Khabonina Makhoba and Members of the Mayoral Committee and Councillors.
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development, SAPS, Department of Health, Department of Education and Child Welfare were also represented at the event which was attended by more than 300 community members.
Community Based Organisations were also present at this well attended event, mostly by women and children to come and listen to expect advice on issues of women and child abuse.
“We need to mobilise everyone so that we can ensure that we win the fight women and child abuse. The 16 Days of Activism Against Women and Children Abuse campaign should be a reminder to strengthen the message as we continue to stand against gender based violence,” said Mayor Mahlaku.
Mahlaku said he was happy that during the 16 days no woman or child was raped or killed within Metsimaholo. “If 16 days can pass without a child or woman being abused, I am sure that we can make it for more 16 and then eventually with the whole year there will be no abuse,” said the outspoken Mayor.
More Articles ...
- Metsimaholo celebrates World Aids Day
- Metsimaholo Cabinet Reshuffle
- Municipality wages war on water leakages
- New film studio for the Free State in Zamdela
- Municipality hosts wellness programme for employees
- Electricity for Amelia residents
- Mayor and elderly people celebrate International Day of Older Persons in style
- Mayor dismisses allegations made by DA
- Zamdela celebrates World Literacy Day
- Metsimaholo honour pastor’s wives
- Metsimaholo gets clean audit despite challenges
- Metsimaholo takes government to people
- Metsimaholo boast a new multi-purpose centre
- Municipality prioritizes housing
- Free State government tells a good story
- Ngubentombi lauded for township office
- Government to build flats for Zamdela residents
- Metsimaholo buys trucks to improve service delivery